Casa Generación is a nonprofit organization that was founded in Peru in 1988 to defend and protect the human rights of Lima’s children, youth, and teenagers who live in the streets. Now, there are many opportunities for these kids and their families to be active participants in society and realize their vast capabilities.
In an effort to unite our passion for art with human rights, The Kinkade Family Foundation has implemented an annual art program and sponsors an on-site art teacher to continue year round art courses. In addition to the art, we are contributing to academic educations for the youth of Lima, Peru. Having access to an education greatly increases the odds that the child will not return to the streets as an adult.
Annual Art Camp
- Reaches 150+ at risk children, youth and teenagers annually
- Includes instruction through various art mediums on the fundamentals of art and design such as color theory, pattern, balance, contrast, unity, value, texture
- Equips each participating child a backpack filled with take home art supplies
- Provides long lasting effects through boosting each student’s creative confidence
- Creates a safe and accepting environment where each student is encouraged to express their immense struggles and joys through art
Art Teacher Sponsorship
- Grants the opportunity for one Peruvian art teacher to teach art at Casa Generación year round
- Provides 150+ at risk children, youth and teenagers with year round art courses
Public and Private Education
- Child is enrolled in either a public school or private school depending on their specific needs
WAYS YOU CAN HELP
GENERACIÓN IS CURRENTLY IN DESPERATE NEED OF OUR HELP. Typically we help the organization fundraise for education for the youth, but in this current season Generacion is struggling to fill all the children's basic needs. We want to fulfill these before we contribute to the schooling. Your donation will go towards basic needs such as food, housing and medical needs. Once these needs are met, we will continue our pursuit towards providing education for the children of Generacíon.
GIVE AN ART BACKPACK TO THE YOUTH AT CASA GENERACIÓN. We have over 300 children that attend our annual art camp in Lima, Peru. Our goal is to gift each child with a backpack to last them the whole year to use for art and school. Having their own personal backpack filled with art and school supplies gives the children a healthy outlet to help keep them off the streets and investing in something positive. Art provides an outlet for the youth to boost their self-confidence, express emotion and make change in their community.